Looking to research the company before the interview?
- Visit the company website. Understand the role within the department. Understand the function of the department within the organization. Determine the workplace culture. Recognize the management structure. Assess the company’s global presence. Identify the company’s competitors.
- Review company financials if available. Review the company’s share price over the past 6 months.
- Review Glassdoor for smaller companies and for employee testimonials.
- Investigate any company social media presence, following, and activity.
- Search Bloomberg, FT, Wall Street Journal and local mainstream media, for company mentions within the past 6 months.
- Research the interviewer on LinkedIn and Google. Two related questions asked in interviews are:
“What do you know about this company?”
“Why do you want to work for this company?”
Demonstrate in the interview that you have thoroughly researched the company, so that you can articulate how YOU will add value to the organization.
Know exactly what “turns you on” about the company to want to work there.
Please don’t jeopardize all your amazing skills and experience, because you failed to do your homework!
Courtesy: Kirsty Bonner | #KB