The COMPLETE guide to interviewing IN PERSON:
- Dress appropriately.
- Don’t over caffeinate.
- Be punctual.
- Firm handshake, smile, eye contact.
- Sit upright in a comfortable position.
- Know “what” you are professionally and “who” you are as a person, to state what makes you a good candidate for the role.
- Know in-depth details of the company and “why” you want to work for it.
- Showcase skills and achievements.
- Know “what” the role entails.
- Know “how” you can add value.
- Know your salary expectation.
- Know when you can start.
- Know C.A.R.L.* technique to respond to competency-based questions.
- Have 2-4 questions prepared that you wish to ask.
- If facing a panel, make eye contact with the person asking the question, but address your answer to all panelists.
- Make sure your phone is silent and doesn’t vibrate.
- Know your resume inside out.
- Don’t get into emotional details about extended gaps.
- Restrict personal to avoid discrimination.
- Resist the urge to fill silences or talk over the interviewer.
Send a “thank you” email within 6 hours.
But most importantly……Remember to breathe and BE yourself!!
Courtesy: Kirsty Bonner