Tired of being WITHOUT a JOB?
If it’s been more than 3 months, try this:
Change two things in your job search strategy, TODAY.
- Get a fresh pair of eyes to review your resume – It may not be as good as you think, and you may not be getting through ATS due to formatting or lack of keywording.
- Review your LinkedIn Profile – You have 2,500 characters to use in the summary section to “sell” your skills, experience and qualifications.
- Pay closer attention to job descriptions, not job titles – Are you actually qualified for the jobs you are applying for?
- Increase your meaningful engagement on LinkedIn – The algorithm “rewards” activity by raising your profile in searches.
- Spend more time researching the company ahead of interviews.
- Practise behavioural/competency-based interview questions.
- Call former colleagues and catch up in person.
- Attend “Meet Ups” with people from your industry and NETWORK.
The key lies in adjusting something if your current status quo is getting you nowhere.
In life we have to BE the change that we seek!
Courtesy: Kirsty Booner | KB