Have you ever had to sit in front of your Board Members and justify the use of Social Media Marketing in your Organization’s overall Marketing Strategy?
I know how difficult it can be to quantify the time and dedication Social Media requires, be that in the form of attending Workshops to gain more skills, or the time spent online engaging with various Audiences. I usually use the below example to help explain why Social Media is one of the best tools to use as a Nonprofit:
“Imagine if I asked you to book (and pay for) a floor space at a busy shopping centre during Christmas Time with a table and sign set up to give out samples/pamphlets of your product/organization. Would you expect foot traffic to see your product? Would you expect people to take the free samples? Would you expect them to give you feedback on the sample like, ‘Yes I love it; No I cannot afford this right now etc.’ Of course, you would because you have paid for that floor space during peak traffic and you have given an offer most people cannot refuse. Now, amplify the above scenario exponentially. THAT is what Social Media Marketing is.”
Other reasons include:
- It’s free - the platforms are free to sign up to and use. That means that EVERYBODY uses them because who doesn’t love a free service, right? What is NOT free however is the content that needs to be strategically posted within the platform from a marketing point of view. This is where a Social Media Agency or Consultant steps in.
- It’s user-friendly
- It allows you to further understand your audience
- It helps you keep a competitive edge
- It increases and helps maintains your customer service levels
- It allows you to showcase your achievements
- It’s interactive by allowing you to gain real-time feedback on your products/services
- It allows you to be unique
- It allows you to connect with a Global Market
Lastly, imagine hundreds, if not thousands, of people following YOUR Organization Page, engaging with YOUR Brand and giving feedback on YOUR topics. Is that not the ideal place for all Nonprofit Organizations to be?
Want to work for an NGO, view our jobs at : http://bit.ly/2X4tIto