Our client, a leader in the agricultural sector in Africa that focus on serving the agricultural sector with mechanical and chemical products is looking to fill the position of Senior Accountant for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in accounting.
• Issue all required payments.
• Ensure that all collected IOUs are closed properly against official invoices covering the amount collected.
• Reconcile between the invoices and the related data sheet.
• Post all the transactions on Visual Dolphine (VD).
• Handle a proper filling system for the transactions.
• Responsible of the replenishment process of the petty cash & cash box.
• Create a new record for the new purchased asset & open a card on VD after receiving the receipt.
• Audit the travel expenses sheet.
• Ensure that all bank transactions are accurately & timely processed.
• Prepare bank report on a weekly basis that shows the balance of each account & the upcoming transactions.
• Prepare clearing agents payment letter after confirmation from the clearing & shipping department.
• Monitoring inventory transactions.
• Record the daily transactions on excel sheet in order to reconcile it with VD on daily basis (petty cash).
• Must have a Degree in accounting and finance.
• Must have at least 3 years’ work experience in accounting or finance department.
• Must be a CPA (K).
• Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines.
• Ability and drive to work independently and solution oriented.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
Please click on the tab below to apply;